Comstock Wines was inspired by the fundamental passion to grow and source only the best Sonoma County grapes and transform them into wines that are as delicious as they are memorable. Located in Dry Creek Valley, just outside of Healdsburg, CA, we pride ourselves on producing varietals that reflect the diversity of the region and specialize in small-lot handcrafted wines that can only be found here at the winery.
As we enter our 10th Harvest season, our blend of exceptional Hospitality and award-winning Winemaking has become the core of our foundation here at Comstock Wines. With a strong cellar, culinary and hospitality program, we pride ourselves on being a cohesive and supportive a team, through and through.
If you are a passionate, self-motivated, life-long learner interested in joining our team, please share your resume here.
Reports to: General Manager, Winemaker, Residence Manager
Location: Healdsburg, CA
Schedule: Part Time
Property Inspections: performed daily, a simple walk through to identify and resolve maintenance issues prior to guest arrival and maintain asset health and appearance.
- Walk grounds and perimeter for any issues.
- Check doors & windows to ensure they are fully functional and secure with no sign of forced entry
- Ensure all exterior lighting is working and timers are set appropriately
- Confirm that landscaping is properly maintained with fully functional irrigation system
- Ensure pool/spa is properly maintained, set/heating to correct temperature, and free of debris
- Ensure grill/outdoor BBQ are operating properly with functional ignitors
- Confirm thermostats are set to appropriate temperatures and HVAC systems are functioning properly
- Ensure property is free of pests
- Check for signs of leaks/mildew
- Check interior lights and replace bulbs
- Test all plumbing fixtures for pressure and temperature
- Confirm all appliances are fully functional
- Adjust and tighten door and cabinet hardware
- Ensure gas and/or fireplace(s) are working properly
- Coordination and supervision of subcontractors as required: HVAC, Plumbing, Electric/Lighting , Appliances, Fireplace/Chimney (Annually), Pest Control (Monthly), Septic issues and pumping, Water/Well issues, Landscaping
- Maintain Spa at Residence
- Safety – CO/Smoke, Fire Extinguishers, Safes, etc. (Quarterly)
- Landscaping -- additional weed whacking/ pulling, litter removal
- Gutters/Downspouts (Semi-Annually)
- Power wash exterior surfaces as needed
- Storm Preparation and Cleanup
- Managing the upkeep of equipment and supplies
- Assisting the Hospitality team with projects, event weekends and improving the overall guest experience.
- Assisting Cellar Team
- Fill portable propane tanks (heaters)
- Transport case good (wine) to/ from Co-Op (storage warehouse)
General handyman services: As needed: Minor plumbing and electrical work, Door and cabinet hardware adjustments ,Minor carpentry repairs, Minor painting and wood touch-up, Minor appliance repairs and adjustments, Exterior/interior window washing, HVAC filter changes as necessary
Reliable transportation is required; we are not accessible by public transportation.
Competitive hourly wage based on experience
Flexible schedule. 3 days, 18-24 hours a week. Weekends and possibly some holidays.
Reports to: General Manager, Tasting Room Manager
Location: Healdsburg, CA
Schedule: Full Time
At Comstock Wines, building long-lasting relationships with our guests is a priority. We are seeking aTasting Room Associate to round out our team.
ESSESTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Greet and provide guests with a memorable hospitality experience.
- Effectively suggest and sell wines and wine club memberships.
- Opening & closing responsibilities.
- Assist with wine club shipments.
- Assist with Tasting Room and Hospitality events.
- Maintain standard duties including cleaning stemware, tasting bar, and picnic areas.
- Provide service beyond guest expectations, creating new relationships while solidifying existing guest and wine club-member relationships.
- Wine Direct POS to process orders and assist in maintaining CRM.
- Pour wines and speak knowledgeably about the varietal and growing area while telling the story of our Winery.
- Assist as needed with special events and marketing.
- Assist with packing and shipping orders.
- Inventory – count and restocking
- Assist the management team as needed with special projects.
- Outstanding customer service
- Positive, team-player
- Sales-driven attitude
- Must love interacting with all people and building relationships
- Previous tasting room, serving or retail/restaurant sales experience a plus
- Must have the ability to multitask
- Must be a team player and possess good communication skills
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office and POS systems (WineDirect a plus).
- Must be able to work weekends, holidays and evenings
While performing the duties of this job, employee is frequently required to do the following:
- Must be able to stand and sit for extended periods as required by job duties
- Must be able to walk at least 40 yards over uneven ground between work locations
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. on a regular basis
- Must be 21 years or older
Comstock Wines is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a drug free workplace.
- Food safety for Handlers
- California Responsible Serving of Alcohol
- California Managing Responsible Alcohol Servers
The position is Full-Time, with a full benefits package offered. Compensation is competitive, based on experience, and includes tips, commissions and bonuses. This position requires availability to work weekends, some holidays, special events and some evenings.